Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 1

this is late... I finally was able to post it...
Gotta love CSU servers.


The inaugural day of AI has come and passed and based on what we’ve seen already, it’s been going to be a great addition to the WP as a whole… Again, our focus is research and technology and here is what we are considering…

Renee wants to know… “How can I make writing workshops (writing circles) function in my classroom?” and “Are ability groups or choices better or not for writing circles?”

Natalie wants to know… “How can I help pre-service art teachers teach writing in meaningful ways?

Stacey wants to know… “How can I help kids become better writing group participants (esp. in terms of feedback)?”

Rebecca and Cindy want to know… “What happens when I use book clubs to help kids talk about difficult texts/topics in productive ways?”

Steph wants to know… “Why are skills-kids able to excel with abstract thinking during poetry instruction?”

E. Jason and Jason want to know… “ What happens when I use technology to create new opportunities for critical thinking discussions?”

The day was spent refining our questions and identifying our assumptions and goals for the two weeks ahead. In addition, plans were drawn out (or at least the process has begun) and our research review of S. Capitelli’s work has given us a look at what good teacher research looks like. A model to follow... and we still have Cindy to look up to.

Cindy and I really didn’t know what to expect but it is clear that it is already exceeding our expectations.

No comments: